Thoughts and memories
I don't want to sound too cocky or too confident, but something told me, and probably both of us, that there was no doubt that we would succeed in bringing the old gang back together. There was too much discourse and distrust and little by little we saw our old steadfast forum crumble before our eyes. As we said, we lost members and staff alike, but we were left with the task of making the best of what we had, or start back full circle, the choice was an easy one, and something told us that we were doing the right thing. Yes, it was difficult to jump off all at once and we all actually pulled the plug on ourselves rather than letting someone else do it for us. I remember the days leading up to the opening of Big Blue, all but one of the mods accepted our invitation to move with us, plus we gained a few that left us over those years of turmoil and change. That was a delight in itself, but then when we opened for business, as my wife can attest to it, that both Mikey and me spent the entire day on the computer, extending invites, answering email and PM's and just welcoming familiar friends, some that we hadn't seen in a long time. To say that we were elated is not enough to describe our feelings.

There is an adage that says that you can never go back home, the though being is that it is never the same as when you left. I think we all proved that there are exceptions to that. Mikey and I may have just taken the initiative, you all here did the things that counted, you came, you stayed and you made us all feel like we can come back home.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread