Norfolk Southern are painted black...but which one?
Good eye Tom! You're right about the thin coat...again, something you can only barely see here on the layout, but the bright lights and camera shows it well. I think I'll take your advice for the light sanding and second coat. I'm not even sure I still want to go with this high-gloss look...because it really is glossy! My son thought the whole engine was still wet before he picked it up. I don't want this build to end up looking almost comically glossy...just "new" and factory fresh. So I might spray this with a light coat of Tamiya black, which to me is not a matte black, but also not a high gloss either. That might tone the whole look of the engine down a bit. I'm tempted to take some pictures using natural sunlight to see the differences (and possible rework areas) that the camera picks up. Under the lighting of this room, that engine has a wet and uber-glossy look.

That roof line...that's what I want to conquer. Getting that angle and starting point of the roof was what I really wanted to nail.

Thanks for the critique...it absolutely is appreciated! Cheers
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread