i have a problem and i am serious
after spending many years thinking my dream locos were the blue box special, shake, rattle and it was good to go. when i wasa kid i could not afford them and only guys i knew who had them were much older than i was ( now hitting 40 next year) i put up with my bachmann pancake motors and the tyco powered units ( boy am i glad the tyco died). when i got back into the hobby after almost 15 years i started getting my blue box units and i was amazed at the details and the smooth running. i put my older bachmanns, model power, life like all on a rip track looking pretty but they never moved. Thenafter my divorce a friend got me 2 Kato sd70macs ( i trade one for a Sd 45 CPR unit) and i never ran them much because they were too big for the layout so i was never impressed with the details and stuff. they just looked nice. now i went out and got a con cor kato mp15 and the kato NW 2 switchers and i now hate my athearn blue box specials they are noisey, they do not run as nice, lack the details and so on.
all i want now is the Kato models, P2k or the ready to run athearn, no more blue box models for me.
i will take an atlas with the kato drive system.
do you think i have a problem is there a support group?
I am the owner of over 30 blue box specials now 2 spectrum units and 3 pure katos, 4 atlas, concors with kato drives.
stuart
renfrew ontario

Messages In This Thread