a little sratchbuild project - N-scale Bridge
Hallo modelers

I have a little scratchbuild projekt on a very low level which every modeler can do.

At one of my modules I have a river which need to be crossed. A simple 90° arrangement I didn't wont have, so I go something araound 45° but ... the proposed Atlas girder bridges will not look good:

[Image: bridge01z.jpg]

This view would be better:

[Image: bridge02.jpg]

One girder of the snap bridge could be used but the opposide girder must move. To do this, the litte noses must be cut off. I used a sharp hobby knife:

[Image: bridge03.jpg]
[Image: bridge04.jpg]

So will it look after the litte work:

[Image: bridge05.jpg]

After this, the bridge track need to be fittet. The original track ist to short, so I use a third Kit cuz I wasn't able to get one additional bridge track from atlas.

[Image: bridge07.jpg]

[Image: bridge06.jpg]

[Image: bridge09.jpg]

The next step is the stringer which have to be fittet. One side is easy to do and if you saw precisely you must only add a new beam made from styrene:

[Image: bridge10.jpg]

The other side needs a bit more work. The extended beams are made from styrene to match the Atlas parts:

[Image: bridge11.jpg]

This will be happen when I watch more TV than concentrate myself on the project:

[Image: bridge13.jpg]

Glad to have an other kit on the shelf, so the project will be well done and I have a additional bridge for a later use.

[Image: bridge14.jpg]
[Image: bridge15.jpg]
Conrail-Markus

Messages In This Thread