Your Railroad Book Library
I only have a handful of books right now. Two are nothing special. A generic modern diesel power photo book and a big coffee table style book about name trains in the 30s and 50s.

The other two I'm a little more happy to have and one isn't even really a book. The first is Rails to Penn State. Its the history of the Bellefonte Central in the exact middle of Pennsylvania. It tells a pretty interesting story of a scrappy little railroad that did battle with the mighty PRR for the better part of a century. I think one of its claims to fame is it originated more tons per mile than any other railroad in the US in the 50s. The other is System Timetable #1 from 2005 for the Allegheny Valley Railroad. Its a small railroad in the Pittsburgh area. I think its pretty neat to have the timetable for roughly the same year for the exact area my freelanced railroad operates. Same ROW and everything, so I don't have to try to divine rules. I have a book of them. That match everything I'm going to build. Neat!

Messages In This Thread