Southern GP30 High Hood Build Progress Pics
I've thought that very same thing...that the one stripe doesn't quite look thick enough. But it really wasn't that wide...and per the EMD sheet, I guess Microscale got it as close as they could. Still...adding one more stripe over the top of the first one, maybe adding 1/2 the total width, might solve some visual problems that one stripe gives. Of course, just putting on that one stripe was tough enough...I'm not sure my hands are that steady to put another one over the top of the first a uniform width like that. (Next time...I'm painting that blankety blankety stripe on.)

LOL! (Ask someone who was supposed to stick to Southern why he has so many other RR's like UP, SF, ATSF, BNSF, NS, Amtrak, and a whole host of others....) Icon_lol

I could kick myself for not buying the LifeLike GP30 high hood in Southern colors when it came out. I can't run anything HO...but it would have made a great desk display piece...and like an idiot, I didn't buy one. (Oh...and it could have served as a model for my attempts at building the same engine.) Wallbang
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread