Canadian National H6 class 4-6-0 photos wanted
The front handrail treatment is pretty typical of CNR practice, adapted, of course, to the smaller loco. Since you have the model and a number of photos, it should be fairly simple to develop a bending template using .060" sheet styrene or a suitable equivalent.
For most locos that I've done, I simply eyeball the bends and make a prototype "on-the-fly". If I get it right without too much straightening and re-bending, I use it as a pattern to make the second one. Otherwise, I'll use the correctly-bent but lumpy-due-to-re-bending one as a pattern to make two useable ones. Unless you have multiple locos of the same size and type, a template may be overkill - all of the bends are usually in the same plane.

I modified this Proto USRA 0-8-0 to match photos of the real 8414 and had to lengthen the front frame to allow for the full CNR-style front end:
[Image: Newcameratestphotos001.jpg]

This BLI Mikado was modified for a friend. It's a composite of several locos with the features she most wanted, but I think that it captures the "look" of a CNR loco:
[Image: Supplementaryweathering001.jpg]

Another "one-off" (until I build my own) is this modified Athearn USRA 2-8-2, built for my good friend Mister Nutbar:
[Image: Foe-toesfromfirstcd155-1.jpg]

This Akane USRA 2-10-2, also for Mister Nutbar, got the same treatment (along with a few other "tweaks" Wink ), and was built with the aid of prototype photos:
[Image: 4193138-1.jpg]

I liked the style enough to use it on some of my own locos, like this modified Bachmann USRA Light Mountain:
[Image: Foe-toesfromfirstcd358.jpg]

...and all four of my Bachmann Consolidations:
[Image: 10112007_015.jpg]

...along with both of my Moguls, a recently-re-worked IHC model:
[Image: Re-builtMoguls065.jpg]

...and this older Samhongsa ex-B&M B-15:
[Image: Re-builtMoguls067.jpg]

Wayne

Messages In This Thread