Digitrax Booster alarm beeps
Are any of the throttles DT300's? Many of the DT300's were made in the days of those counterfeit cheap capacitors from China and since the only capacitors of any size are used ont he power circuitry of the throttle, you could have a blown capacitor or two in one of them, which may cause a problem. Usually it makes the throttle itself behave oddly too, though.

Did it beep with everything disconnected? Or only intermittantly when it's all plugged in? Witht hat much stuff I assume you have power run tot he UP5's and aren't trying to run 6 throttles with no extra power plugged in. It could be intermittent because of what turns on first - if the DB150 ends up powering up before the aux power on the panels stabilizes, it may briefly overload the Loconet, but other times when you flip it all on, the aux power comes up first and you get no beeps. Also, contraty to the isntructiosn, the RIGHT way to run aux power to the UP5 panels is to use 2 wires and attach coax connectors to them and plug them into the power jack. The suggested way in the manual is to run a single wire to allt he UP5's - that leaves the ground int he thin telephone wire of the Loconet cable. I have a 14V power supply feeding a bus run around the layout with taps off at each UP5 location although it's not all hooked up yet since I only have 2 throttles and usually I'm operating alone so only 1 is plugged in.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread