CSX F40PH Nscale Build
Always one to act on a crazy and impulsive idea when it comes to Nscale train kitbashing...I decided three days ago to take a dummy Lifelike F40PH engine and change it from Amtrak to CSX colors hoping to mimic their executive train scheme. I stripped the engine, repainted it, then carefully re-touched areas that needed it. (And I know...getting that bottom yellow stripe on this shell was a bear, and didn't exactly come out looking stellar in some spots.) I painted the handrail grab irons and steps, and gave the lower components a coat of flat black. And this is where the project is now...

[Image: P1010028.jpg]

Realizing I have only one older scheme C&O passenger car to pull with this engine, I decided to keep painting and grabbed three coaches I had boxed up and not using. They're now CSX blue (or as close as I could get a match) with a light grey roof to mimic the coaches normally pulled by these F40PH engines. All I need are the decals to apply and add some detailing pieces like MU hoses and such to dress up the LifeLike engine, then cover everything with a good coat of dull coat to reduce the gloss of the paints.

Please...feel free to critique, criticize, comment...as I'm still learning-as-I-go.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)

Messages In This Thread