Reading P7sa back to a C1
"Water feed pipes and valves ( I don't know, why so many, and why they are equalized, or what they do."
I assume you mean the two large "valves" above the firebox doors"...these are the injectors, ( look similar to Nathan lifting injectors, but are probably PRR manufacture ). Notice that the operating handles ( levers) face "out". One is the fireman's ( left ) the other is the engineer's. On each, the bottom pipes are; larger - water line from tender, smaller - overflow pipe. Pipes on top are the steam lines, (from the turret, on top of the boiler), and the pipes going to the center are the water pipes to the boiler, the "thing" on top of those pipes is probably, the boiler check valve.
"6 levers off of floor" these look to be the grate shaker bars, used to help dump the ash.
" The stuff at a level under the engineers seat ? ? ?" Unless that is actually in front of the seat ( then it would most likely be the Johnson bar ( for.--rev. lever ), otherwise ?....( insert shoulder shrug smilie here ).
" The strange device with 3 connections on the bottom, above the engineers eye level "
- Hydrostatic lubricator - mixes oil with the steam fed to mechanical devices like air compressor, dynamo, etc. ( Mechanical lubricators are usually driven by, and found mounted to the valve gear drive, usually bracketed to the crosshead guides, or guide supports ).
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread