Reading P7sa back to a C1
* Well finally the project gets a little done. I have built a boiler front I can use. I replaced the headlight with one E-Paw found under his Christmas tree for me. It had a visor on it I had to remove, and marker lights to mount. Three boiler steps and a toolbox on the front pilot platform were done last night.
*  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Some piping and railings are to be done. Also, a running board to be made and mounted, on the side seen up on the firebox side. I didn't like the original Mantua one. The last main scratch built parts to be made and applied. They are the ash pan dumping whatever they are. Collectors, scoops, releases. I don't really know what they are called. A 1915 article calls them " Conical Ash pans " Well whatever they are called two will be made. There are 4. The two centered on the sides of the firebox and easily seen will be reproduced and mounted. My rear truck is mounted in a normal way and does swing side to side more than the prototype. I hope the new detail will not get in the way.
Time will tell how it all comes together.
Frank

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!

Messages In This Thread