Nice cold Pepsi anyone?
Yep Dash, I've got tons of pics too. I've even been able to salvage one's that weren't "straight on" like the one you posted. In fact, the pepsi and coke machines were both at an angle. (You gotta love Photoshop Free Transform feature!)

Jason, I do the same thing! I make sure and line them up with each other as well, so that you can align your ruler over a greater distance and ensure a perfect 90 degree corner. It also makes it easier to cut them out as you don't have to be constantly adjusting the ruler to line up each image. Just a Tip!

Tad, Here's a drawing I made up in Photoshop that gives dimenstions for a posterboard "box". I've been wondering if it would be easier to just chop a piece of wood or styrene to make a block, but this is definitely a cheaper source of materials. Please note I had to make this diagram at 300dpi, as 600 would have been over the limit for what I could post on The-Gauge.

Dimensions are as follows: the width of all the parts is 5mm. The height of the smaller ones are also 5mm. The height of the center row is 12mm. When you score the fold lines, and fold it up, you will end up with a corner that looks like the little drawing I made lower left. The measurements take this extra width into account. (The width of the machine becomes 6mm.)

The solid lines get cut, the dotted lines get folded. 1 gets folded down onto T (Top) and glued. (This gives thickness to it, you will need it for gluing.) Do the same for 2 and B. 4 gets glued to the back of 3. Try to center it vertically. The extra space on the top and the bottom is to accomodate T and B. Once you've glues all the pieces, fold up the box and glue the edges. F will be the front and R the rear. Spray paint it black, and then apply your image printout. I find that it's much easier to make a bunch of these at the same time and do an "assembly line". In other words, cut out several cards 20mm x 32mm... then do all the cutting... then all the gluing, the folding... etc. Then you can spray paint them all together and things go quickly.

Here's an old style coke machine I'm doing for Dick. It's somewhat more suitable for 50's era layouts.

Messages In This Thread