Shamrock Ave. Ft. Worth, TX
Hey Guys!

I've been lurking here for a while and have a couple of posts, this is my first thread so bear with me, lol!

I have built a 11'x1' shelf and had plans for a N scale ISL, but am starting to wonder if I should switch to HO. It's just much more practical for switching and I really want SOUND!

I don't want to tear down any existing benchwork, nor do I have the room to squeeze out another 4 or so inches that would make it work the trouble to rebuild.

I use corel draw everyday at work, and don't have the patience to learn xtrkcad at this point. I'd just like to know what will fit as far as turnouts, etc.

Here's the proto on google maps:

http://g.co/maps/4c967

Here's my rough plan from Corel Draw:
[Image: shamrock%20ave.jpg]

My rough plan would be to use the narrow shelf at the bottom as a fiddle yard representing the runaround off the the main line. The loop at the right is pretty tight at 15"r, but I want to hide it in between buildings that the proto snakes thru and will hide the tightness of the curve. I'd like to switch Felt's Oil (lubricants), LeeCo (metal dist.) and the focus of the layout be the Gachman Metals scrap yard. Jahn's supply does not have rail service, but I'd change the business to something that would need a couple cars from time to time and make it a removable "bump" off the front of the shelf.

Opinions? Input? Ideas? Anyone like to redraw it so scale? I'd be most appreciative!

thanks!

Messages In This Thread