doctorwayne's New Years Resolution Challenge...
You're right on that discrepancy of the TM cars (Walthers simply continued with the same moulds, I believe). I wasn't originally aware of it (I was so glad to see the original TM cars, even though I don't model Pennsy, that I never noticed) but I later learned of the error. The Red Caboose cars are a more accurate version in many respects, and I have several of them, too. In a train, though, it's probably difficult for the untrained eye of non-Pennsy modellers to spot the differences between the two models, even though they're from different eras, with different expectations of accuracy.
You'll notice on mine that only the original TM brake gear which was obvious in a side view was removed - most of the stuff cast as part of the floor's underside is still there. :oops: The brake rigging, too, is merely representational - there's no way a real car equipped like that would ever stop. Icon_lol My goal is to create cars which look plausible, in use, to an interested observer - almost none of them would withstand close scrutiny and all bets are off if you happen to be a fan of the road owning any particular car. Misngth
I do appreciate your comments, though, as there may be others viewing this thread who want to do similar modifications, so any additional info which can lead to more accurate models is always welcomed.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread