jwb's 2012 New Year's Resolution Challenge
Now that I'm working on the cardboard lattice, I've come up against what might have been the real reason for procrastinating on this scene: right above the mine, the main line ducks behind a sewer pipe via the Moffat Tunnel. I recognize that having the Moffat Tunnel right above an Appalachian coal mine gives some folks the vapors, but It's My Flippin' Layout, and there are coal mines in Colorado anyhow. (And as a well-known modeler once said, "Remember, John, trees are your friends.")

The problem is that I wound up getting an Atlas girder bridge lettered for Rio Grande that I want to incorporate in this scene as well. So here's where things have wound up:    
I decided the best way to use the Atlas bridge will be to turn it into a deck bridge that covers the subroadbed. But I'll need to cut away enough of the subroadbed to make the bridge more or less credible and then bring the scenery forms around it. So I think that's the next part of this project, and anyhow, my hobby shop is out of plaster cloth for the time being.

Messages In This Thread