steeple cab project
I completely agree on your thoughts with the overhead wire and I said as much to a friend who decided to build them for a small display layout .....Joe insisted that the overheads were no big deal ....sort of " if he could make them anyone could " .......I really don't know if the overhead wire actually works or is just for show and the electricity is provided by the rails like normal . I'll have to ask Joe .
Given that I'm going with a dockside layout I wondered if the overhead wires would be located so close to water in real life and I was told that yes , that would be the case . I'm modeling a 1920's era ......probably going to have a couple of little diesels ( boxcab or two since I built those little Grandt Line units ) and maybe a 0-4-0 steamer . What the heck , I can just make it up if I feel like it . The layout will be about 25' x 2 1/2 ' in size but will have areas jutting out so as to break the monotony .

[Image: toronto-flatmotor.jpg]

[Image: boxcab1.jpg]

...the flatmotor is another model I'd like to build ( top pic )...also not my Grandt Line boxcab , saw it on line , guy did a nice job I think .

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.

Messages In This Thread