SHIPPING
Les gave me an interesting problem: "Gills cabinetry & fine furnishing would use textiles so how about a 1/2 car loaded with textiles and the other 1/2 of shoes going to Jones Transfer to be cross loaded to truck for local distribution." As far as I understand these things, this would be an LCL move, since there's half a carload going here and half going there. I've read about LCL now and then, but I haven't set up for it (yet, anyhow) on my layout. On the other hand, anything for a good customer! So the yard clerks found an empty that could be captured for LCL service, and I decided to run an extra:    
PRR 28919 is an Accurail via a third-party painter that I tweaked some to represent a PRR AAR rebuild on an X29 frame, not quite as much work as Dr Wayne puts into these things, but the same idea. It's a good candidate for this thread, since I got it in a set of 3, and if this one goes south, I have two more like it. And the PRR Merchandise lettering would (I think) be correct for LCL.

The textiles Les referred to would come from Zenith Knitting Mills. Here's a shot of the extra, taken over the roof of Zenith's historic St. John's Episcopal Church:     Photo angles aren't too good here, so this is the only shot of this move. If I had a video camera, I could handle it like Emery Gulash with the play of movement in light and shadow, but I don't have one (yet).

So having picked up the textiles at Zenith Knitting Mills, the extra goes on to Woollett and the Woollett Shoe Company to load the other half of the boxcar with shoes:    

Messages In This Thread