New Memeber....
Sumpter,
Impressive work on the little 2-4-4-2. I just traded one of those that was a Akane/Gem model in brass, for a couple Spectrum steamers.... Altho the one I had, was a kit, in kit form, never built and the guy that had it before me, had a few parts soldered in backwards, or upside down! LOL

Anyway, I too am fond of the little Mallets....I say Mallet as it was not an Articulated as it is known....(I won't go into the difference between the 2)

B&O DD-1, 0-6-6-0 "Erie" Old Maude AMERICA's first Mallet steam locomotive. It at this time is uncomplete, as I have to get a few details for it, BUT the boiler is being made to fit a Mantua frame....I will also be adding ALOT of brass detail to this unit, to make it a replica as Godly possible.... In the pictures, the motor is just sitting there for now till I have the firebox made to fit around it.

[Image: BODD-17000000.jpg]

I do however need to find a set of cylinders like on the one you built as the rear set of cylinders on my 0-6-6-0 needs to be the slide valve type, not piston valve type as it is!

[Image: BODD-17000001.jpg]

:mrgreen:
~John AKA "Yellowstone" OR "EM-1"

Messages In This Thread