New Memeber....
Thanks Pete and Puddlejumper,
I had it backwards, was slide valves in the front, not the rear and vice-versa as I had said it.....I knew that it had them mixed!

The biggest thing we all have to remember, that "Old Maude" as it was called by the B&O crewmen, was built in 1904! This was the first Mallet/Articulated type steam locomotive in America! There was none at all at this time so its tractive effort of 96,000 pounds was serious power back then!

Now being said that, it WAS NOT designed nor made by the B&O, it was designed by Schenectady Locomotive works, back then was the name for "ALCO" that we know today! So, was a completely new design....

Picture from 1931:

[Image: bo2400s.jpg]

Notice, that the headlight is ON the BOILER FRONT!? Not the pilot deck......I say and will say it, they have came a long ways on these loco types since that one was built!

I'm modeling this little beast, as it served my home "stomping grounds" for a time..... Sand Patch, PA, where I grew up the first 24 years of my life...Which, is what my current layout is based off, north Cumberland, MD to Sand Patch through Meyersdale, PA to Yoder Coaling station, just outside of Meyersdale.
~John AKA "Yellowstone" OR "EM-1"

Messages In This Thread