Heavy Electric Modular Group
Hand Place Bridge Study

In this current day prototype picture, we can see the catenary supports attached to the bridge.
The current challenge will be constructing those anchor points. I will probably have to do this carefully by hand with a jeweler's saw. I think I will need about 8 of these, two for each side. If possible, I'd like to add a flat "bend" to it, so that it has a better surface to solder to the main bridge. On the "tips", i'll just use a short length of phosphor bronze with an insulator casting strung through it. This should be a relatively straight forward installation.

[Image: north_elizabeth6.jpg]

The pedestrian overpass appears to be a separate structure built right up next to the road way bridge, but unless it becomes an issue, I'm not sure its necessary to accurately depict beneath the bridge. If it is, I'll glue some styrene in. Also visible is the extended abutment, which appears more complete on the east side of the tracks than the west side.

[Image: north_elizabeth1.jpg]

A picture looking straight down the pedestrian overpass-

[Image: north_elizabeth9.jpg]

On this view of the other side of the bridge, We can see that a similar system is used to anchor the catenary. We can also see that the abutments were likely planned to make a larger roadway, but this never happened.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gULpuFVBmjc/maxresdefault.jpg
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread