Heavy Electric Modular Group
acelaphillies Wrote:Even if you did not meet your time deadline, your catenary looks to be coming along nicely! I'm not sure that I have ever seen anyone model a wire-style cross span in HO. It always seems to be the K-truss style, probably because they are a little more rigid in HO. But your's looks great!

Are you building your catenary poles to "Rubbo specifications" or are you using a mix of techniques? There is not very much info out there, so I'm sure you have to improvise sometimes.

Also, how do you guys connect your catenary wires when you put all of your modules together? I would imagine that you can't solder them. So how do you keep the pans from coming off the wire when you switch modules.

One last thing...do you have any pics from your group's setup at the East Penn meet? I would have liked to go but I had a conflict.

Well, its been over a year since this post, but things have occurred since, unfortunately not so much on my modules.

I am trying to get my catenary close to scale, but I'm building it heavier than Andy's catenary. This is because its needs to travel, and it needs to stand up somewhat better to "factory" pantographs. For instance, a Proto Metroliner train would wreck Andy's catenary. In fact, it still does mean things to mine. Even so, my wire is still fairly fine, and I think its an acceptable trade off considering what we're trying to do.

One of our other members has a plan for that. We've had a few new modules go up, but very few with wire yet. The main issue on my end is just time and space. I am hoping to get my modules back on track starting this winter, sooner if I can complete some other obligations I have. I assume that we can start playing with it once we get a more than a few modules with wire set up.

Lastly, Another one of our members is looking to post some of our videos. I assume maybe its being moderated? In any event, we hope to have them posted shortly. There is some very impressive work being done by our other members, Chief amongst them a few modules representing Frankfort Junction, which may allow us to connect with Free-Mo clubs.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread