Slower in DCC then in DC
twilight Wrote:For me it's not so much speed it's power. The E6 can only pull 3 passenger cars without struggling around our club layout and that is at max. I've made speed table adjustments but it has been a while since I've look at what they are set at. I'll have to put on the program track and see what they are set at. I'm pretty sure they are at max. I have been wondering lately that I have the motor seated down to hard on the drive gear.

Mark

Hey, its Chris.

It seemed to be running fine last monday, but then you didn't have a train hooked up to it.

When you say struggling, are the wheels slipping, or are they grinding, or is the model just not going as fast as you thought it would?

Try the draw-bar pull meter (its up by the work bench), first on the locomotive, and then set the passenger cars on the moutain and let them hang from the meter. That should let you know whether you're loosing power or if the locomotive is just slow.

Its posible that the decoder is the problem. If all else fails, reset it and see what happens.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread