Poll: What are some of your other hobbies?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scale modeling-other than trains
6.15%
12 6.15%
R/C-cars, planes, boats
3.08%
6 3.08%
Geocaching
1.03%
2 1.03%
Construction
3.08%
6 3.08%
Woodworking
5.64%
11 5.64%
Electronics
6.15%
12 6.15%
Art
3.08%
6 3.08%
Automobile restoration
4.62%
9 4.62%
Target shooting-guns/bow & arrow
6.15%
12 6.15%
Writing-poems or stories
1.03%
2 1.03%
Cooking, baking
4.10%
8 4.10%
Sewing, knitting, crocheting
0%
0 0%
Sports-indoor
0.51%
1 0.51%
Sports-outdoor
2.05%
4 2.05%
Motorsports
4.10%
8 4.10%
Photography
7.69%
15 7.69%
Music
6.67%
13 6.67%
Jewelry making
0%
0 0%
Reenactment
0%
0 0%
Mind games- such as crosswords or chess
1.03%
2 1.03%
Collecting (other than trains)
7.18%
14 7.18%
Other hobby not on this list (let us know)
7.69%
15 7.69%
Fishing/hunting
3.59%
7 3.59%
Hiking/jogging/running
2.56%
5 2.56%
Gardening
2.56%
5 2.56%
Video gaming
6.15%
12 6.15%
Stamp/coin collecting
2.56%
5 2.56%
Astronomy
1.54%
3 1.54%
Total 195 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What are your other hobbies
RobertInOntario Wrote:
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Well none of mine were on the list, some of which are: Fishing, hiking, computer games and veggie gardening.

I can't believe other hobbies like hunting/golfing/tennis/bowling/nitpicking

Yeah I threw that last one to see if you were paying attention. Icon_lol

What the heck is Geocaching?

Great to meet another hiker on here!!

Geocaching is kind of related to hiking. Basically, you use an app on your iPhone/device to find hidden items in the woods, on a trail, etc. I've never done it before but I've heard that it's growing. Your iPhone app should tell you where people have hidden geocaching items (I think they might be prizes, messages, or notebooks to sign?) and you search for these while on your hike. I wouldn't be surprised if they were even hidden in urban areas, city parks or almost anywhere. Just try googling it as I might not have all the details straight.

Cheers, Rob

Thanks for the info Rob. For the record I do not nor will I ever own anything that starts with the letter i Icon_lol .
Nor do I have or will I ever install a "app" on my cell phone. It is always turned off unless I need to make a phone call. If somebody needs to reach me they know to call my land line and leave a message. Under no circumstances are they to EVER text me. Text messages are automactically deleted without ever being read. If I'm not good enough for you to talk to in person you are not good enough for me to waste my time reading your text meassage. It really wouldn't hurt my feelings if cell phones were outlawed. While they can be very usefull of all the things mankind has invented they are the one invention that is the most misused and abused. The number of people who have died and been injured is in the thousands and growing every day. It has gotten so bad that cities have enacted "walking while impaired" laws and some like London have taken to wrapping the street lamp posts and other objects on the sidewalk with padding. Personally if you are dumb enough to walk into a lamp post and give yourself a concussion so be it, why should the taxpayers have to wrap the post becuase you are braindead to start with? Icon_lol
Off my soapbox now. Goldth Goldth Goldth
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string

Messages In This Thread