Going to Europe - Germany & Czech Republic
I've been given a fantastic opportunity to accompany a friend / businessman of mine to the Nuremberg Toy Fair in Nuremberg, Germany. I expect this to be very interesting as Germans are serious toy makers and this is a HUGE event. A couple of years ago I attended the NMRA National Train Show in Detroit and the Zimo guys I spoke to said that show didn't even compare to Toy Fair. Prior to that moment, I though the Detroit show was HUGE!

Following the Fair, we decided to stay in Europe a few days longer and do some sight seeing, and decided on the Czech Republic, with the visit centered in Prague.

I'll be taking a camera along and will certainly share any rail or model related photos that I think this group may enjoy.

My primary reason for posting, however, is to get feedback from this community on anything I should take a look at. We don't have an itinerary yet for the second half of the trip (the German side is going to be pretty crowded, I think), so if you know of any interesting sites or events in the Czech Republic, let me know!

Matt

Note: The birthplace of Pilsner beer and possibly the CZ firearms factory are well up there on things I'd LIKE to see!
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Messages In This Thread