Some woodworking projects
ezdays Wrote:Besides, being out in the middle of the desert had its problems that we found difficult to cope with, like chasing rattlesnakes and coyotes away, plus dodging poisonous Gila Monsters, scorpions and other desert critters. Sumpter250 and Ray_M were at the house one day when a rattlesnake decided to park itself on our patio.

:o Big Grin "Snake" learned the hard way what glass is, when it bashed it's ravenous head against it, striking at my hand. :o
After "snake" was "dispatched", Don gave it a Heave-Ho into the canyon out back, and it was but minutes later, a predatory bird came along and took it home for lunch. Wink 357
Good thing about the glass, I had just broken my right ankle, and it was in an "air cast", so I could be able to drive back to Chicago. I wouldn't have been able to move fast enough to get out of "Snake's" reach.
357 357 I guess all's well that ends - - with a snake for lunch ! Big Grin Big Grin The other up side? If I appeared small enough for a rattle snake's lunch, I didn't need to worry about diet - - - I was obviously not "too big" Wink Wink Popcornbeer
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread