modelsof1900's 2013 Duff Challenge
Thanks for all your friendly comments.

Kevin,
I can say that the preparation of frames was not the big problem. I did not need longer as two hours per frame, I think this is acceptable for a good result. Many more problems have taken these small brakets for the air reservoirs, small angles made from narrow metal strips because milled metal profiles were too raw - look the next pictures.

Michael,
split k-brakes is not very uncommon. Yes, I have tried to use an ordinary K-brake with reservoir and brake cylinder as one part. However I have not found enough room between the frame elements. However that was not a big problem. Tichy offers these split k-brakes as part #3034, unfortunately the quality of this specific part is not very good.

Now a few new pictures of models, better of frames. Details of brakes in progress.

[Image: whiteswan_012k.jpg]

[Image: whiteswan_014k.jpg]

Here after adding the connecting wire to train line I cut off dust absorber and humidity collector because these small parts are too sensitive. These small parts are added only again as one of the last working steps before completing.

[Image: whiteswan_015k.jpg]

Now the frames will be finished piece for piece - first two...

[Image: whiteswan_016k.jpg]

Than three ...

[Image: whiteswan_017k.jpg]

After four ...

[Image: whiteswan_018k.jpg]

And as last all five frames!

[Image: whiteswan_019k.jpg]

Two of frames in each position ...

[Image: whiteswan_020k.jpg]

... and from side.

[Image: whiteswan_021k.jpg]

And where can I see all the work that I have invested?

Ok., frames are ready! The bodies will follow - and now I must make a cut from my opinion, that a wood car (with a steel frame) must built from wood. My model painter would like to do a good job, he said, and so that I should work with plastic! Because of the better surface of models!
No, I do not love this change - however his arguments are correct. And now I will build in plastic (again), a heavy decision for me.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread