doctorwayne's 2013 Get Off Your Duff Challenge - Part 1
nachoman Wrote:.....Even though it may be cheaper to just buy new better quality cars, there is something enjoyable about upgrading these old cheapies.

I agree: you can get a lot of modelling value for a very low cost, and on cars like these, even the added details aren't budget-breakers. When I was putting the old roofs into the box where I keep such stuff (I know, the old roofs bugged me enough to change them, so why keep the old ones? 35 ), I found another of these cars. I had previously attempted to remove the roof and, because the glue bond was better than on the cars seen here, part of the car's side broke off. I'm not sure why I saved it, but it's starting to bug me that it's in this "parts" box when it could be on the layout. This could end-up delaying Part 2 of my challenge. Misngth
Oh yeah, those saved roofs? Who knows when someone here might need them - they do have free-standing wire roof grabs, even though the hatches and roof walks are moulded on. Wink Goldth

Bernhard, your point is well-taken. Forums like this are a great way of exchanging ideas, and as long as we're open to continually learning, there's a wealth of knowledge available.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread