Track planning blues
Matt,
Are all those buildings laid out in a straight line...in reality ?, or are you forcing them to occupy that narrow shelf?

Try physically placing your industries in a "natural arrangement", and running tracks to them. The "grid" is a good start for laying out city streets, but the rest of the world seems to be ruled by the "lay of the land". You might have to move things a little, or even model partial buildings, to "loosen a curve radius", but try not to move things too far, or you're right back to the "grid". I have, on occasion, gone to the point of creating the real estate first, then modifying each location to fit the structure that will be there. Kind of like, "the top of that hill looks like a great place to put that barn".

Just a thought...... grids are not "artistic", nature can be.

Yeah, I know, This from someone who is forced to have a two track main line running a fixed number of inches in from the face of the module, and doesn't have any switching going on within the modeled area.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread