Got off my duff already
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Catt Wrote:By the way sir this is MY outlook on life too. :mrgreen:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...
WOW! What a ride!"

Arriving "safely in a pretty well-preserved body" is an absolute waste of "body", kind of like buying a new car, and then, years later donating it, with only the miles "from the dealer to the garage, on it"
It isn't life, unless it is lived well !
No, I won't " skid in broadside ". I'll be too "thoroughly used up",and too "totally worn out", for broadside skids. I intend to arrive so used up, and so worn out, that I'll need a swift kick to get over the edge and fall into the grave.
I will take all my unfinished projects with me so there will be plenty of "Get Off My Duff Work" to keep me eternally "putting it off" 357 357 357

At our age, it's kind of hard to arrive anywhere without a bunch of scratches, dents, bumps and bruises. :o I still have a few miles to go, but along the way I think I've already dented a few fenders, my headlights are dimmer, have tires that are going bald, need to put additive in my gas tank just to get started in the morning and I think going some 70 odd years putting in the wrong oil has severely damaged my engine. Sad Like they say, it's not the destination as much as the journey even if it's been a bumpy one full of potholes. It's all in how you steer that keeps you on the right path and your attitude as to whether you enjoy the ride or want to go back and start over again. Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread