East Terminal & Newburgh
Hello!

[Image: dsc05779svu5n.jpg]
So i went to the attic and grab the building to shot some photos.

[Image: dsc057839fja1.jpg]
The door was a remnant of a Walthers kit. In simple it is only a plastic plate with some engravings on one side. I measured the thickness of the plate and glued different profiles together to form a narrow U-Channel in which the Walthers door can easlily slide up and down. It is not important which form of the profiles you have right at hand, important is the channel. Here the edges of the door were about 1,2mm in thickness and i made a channel of 2mm width to avoid jamming.

[Image: dsc05784edjah.jpg]
The depth of the channel is depending of the width of your door, here i gave about 1mm on each side. Think that cardboard is working as you see in the right corner were a gap has appeared. I have to reglue this corner.
The huge gap below the door is corect. When mounted onto module #1 here will be the paved track and the gap considering the height of it.

[Image: dsc057809au2z.jpg]
The ready mechanism. I replenished this tube glued onto the inside of the door. Due the silicone rubber connection did not run so exact the thread rod beats at every rotation on the door causing a rattling noise. So it is guided and stays quiet.

[Image: dsc05785e6kf7.jpg]
Powering is donne simply by analoge AC or DC.
There are 2 diodes antiparallel wired to the motor.
One of them for the "down" direction is wired to the switch which stops the downward motion by opening the electrical contact and interrupting the current.
The second antiparallel to the stop switch for the upward motion.

[Image: dsc05781xqj7a.jpg]
From each of the switches a wire is leading ro a simple toggle switch (ON - ON).
From the switch to the juice.
The other lead from the juice goes direct to the motor.
So simply by toggling the switch the door opens and closes.
The whole device is cent peanuts.

Control by an decoder will be fine, i am thinking of, but how the safety end stop motion can be realized?

Lutz

Messages In This Thread