East Terminal & Newburgh
Back from the Sinsheim Faszination Modellbahn (Big hopes of model railroading, but at least it put out as an ordionary disappointing toy train fair) as exhibitor.
The highway overpass on module #3.
Until now it has existed only as an cardboard mock-up. It should be an concrete construction errected in the late 1930's and therefor in the modeles 1940's still be modern. No Art Deco elements but an ordinary ornate less overpass.

[Image: dsc02847drg2.jpg]
I bought a Rix highway overpass, but it seemed met far too narrow and small. So only the railings were taken.
Styrene sheet in different thickness was the material of choice. The abutments and retaining walls were made of integral foamed styrene sheet.

[Image: dsc0284847lpe.jpg]
The look from the other side. Here an additional retaining wall was made to have an easier road acess to the sintering plant on module #4

[Image: dsc02857s5xg4.jpg]
The embankements were made out of cardboard and alas!, i glued grass mats onto it.

[Image: dsc028569va1a.jpg]
On the tops of the retaining walls were 4x4mm profiles mounted.

[Image: dsc028626olu.jpg]
The whole was painted somewhat concrete grey.

[Image: dsc028636qhe.jpg]

[Image: dsc03060hcrv.jpg]
There is no detailing on the underside of the bridge because it is not visible. Only the camera is small enough to be capable of taking a look of the underside.

[Image: dsc03277lqlr.jpg]

Two years later:
[Image: dsc054177wf2u.jpg]
It took a couple of time until i mounted the railing. And meanwhile the whole concrete was repainted with a matte grey colour.

Lutz

Messages In This Thread