Desktop 3D printers
nachoman Wrote:Curious to see what you do with it.

I think the "engineering types" would really get a kick of having something like that.

Guilty as charged Icon_lol While searching for CNC machines and info way back I found PlasmaCam but it could only cut out 2D parts and the cost at the time was $20k so I forgot about that machine once I heard of 3D printing and kept putting off getting a Makerbot printer which was basicly an assemble it your self kinda project, but now the Replicator 2 comes mostly assembled and tested and the price is doable compared to other similar printers. After a 3D Printer the next step would be a 3D Scanner, Just think of taking an item that is out of scale and scan it into a 3D software suite and print a copy in the correct scale, not sure the safety issues involved but think of having custom figures of yourself and other real pepole that have been scanned. There is almost no limits as to the creativity of this not so new technology it has been around 25 years it is just now coming down to a more economical realality.

Messages In This Thread