Desktop 3D printers
I would have made this as part of the previous post but some one was at the front door.

First thing I may do is print a boxcar side less revits(untill I am up to speed detail wise)I have been wanting to try micro marks revit decals thay are decale film with tiny lumps of plastic in a realistic revit pattern anyway. Once I get the hang of drawing with sketchup and a few other programs I have been playing with I will design box car sides, floors, roof, ends and doors in a variaty of styles. I thought about doing different styles of trucks but that would to me be a more advanced project for later on. And then there is thingaverse a gallery of downloadable designs by other 3D printer owners most of them free as long as you do not sell someone elses hard work passed off as your own. On thingaverse the prints range from toys, models, robotic parts to printable replacement parts for an older open source 3D printer called Rep Rap if you can draw it you can print it. Over hangs can be delt with by what they call slicing the object into multiple printable parts that can be glued together to complete the object. I seen someone do a milineum falcon in this way and it was detailed prety nice...may download it and print one for myself Icon_lol

Messages In This Thread