doctorwayne's 2013 Get Off Your Duff Challenge - Part 3
This is a fairly simple task which I've been meaning to finish for some time. It involves boosting ticket sales to increase ridership on the Erie Northshore's doodlebug "The BEE".

Here's how the interior of the BEE usually looks:

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3003.jpg]

...and here is the solution:

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3001.jpg]

I don't know the manufacturer, but there were about 100 of them in a box of train stuff my wife found at a garage sale many years ago. All of the sprues are identical, and you may have seen some of these folks sitting around at stations or riding in vehicles on my layout.

Painting is underway, with a few extra figures thrown in....some are intended as locomotive crews:

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3002.jpg]

...and finally completed. Since these folks are going to be riders and not on platforms waiting for a train, I wasn't too fussy about the paint jobs:

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3004.jpg]

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3005.jpg]

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3007.jpg]

If I get ambitious, some of the ones shown will end up as locomotive crews. Wink Misngth

Here's an overhead view. I used Woodland Scenics' "Accent Glue" to affix the bums to the seats, leaving them removeable if necessary. I'll be able to re-assign seats or even transfer them to other passenger cars (in case I don't feel like painting any more of them). Misngth Misngth

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3008.jpg]

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3009.jpg]

The seating arrangements for the engineer and fireman are somewhat limited, but they can complain all they want - neither of 'em have a leg to stand on. Icon_lol

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3010.jpg]

The view from outside isn't too bad, at least with the roof removed and some strong overhead lighting:

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3012.jpg]

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3011.jpg]

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3013.jpg]

With the roof on, but still on the workbench, the figures are still visible. My guess is that they won't be very noticeable once on the layout, but will probably show up in photos.

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3017.jpg]

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3016.jpg]

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3014.jpg]

[Image: 2013PHOTOS-DUFFCHALLENGE3015.jpg]

I may add a couple of layout photos later, but this concludes Part 3 of my Challenge.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread