doctorwayne's 2013 Get Off Your Duff Challenge - Part 3
I started using single ply ( from a two ply tissue) for furled sails on my HO scale sailboats. I quickly discovered that it can be use to modify the clothing of HO scale figures, cut to the approximate size and shape, and then attached and formed with thinned white glue, or Carpenters glue. Once the glue is dry, the "clothing" can then be painted.
Sometimes, it becomes necessary to " undress" the figure and start from scratch. I have a set of jewelers screwdrivers that I have modified into razor sharp micro chisels, that I use to cut, and scrape the clothing off the figures that need "a change of clothes ".
Then, there is the case of "Bathing Suits" which, as you can see here, are only "paint"

The Red dress on the figure standing at the bar was done with the tissue paper.

With all the figures on deck, "running out of colors" was highly probable. The lightening, or darkening of each color was the best answer.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread