Building a modular home layout
lajry Wrote:
Svein Wrote:That looks like a very interesting and lightweight construction method! How ever, I'm curious as to how the scenery is done, especially for rivers and other terrain below track level. Also, how are the modules bolted together? I really like the idea, but would probably have to make some adjustments to make it fit our modular standards.

hasn't Using foam board for scenery has been discussed on this forum & others more than a few times? Google has some website to see using "model railrod Strofoam scenery techniques".

I'm familiar with the use of styrofoam for building layouts, and have also used it myself on several occasions. I was just curious as to how it was done using the specific construction method in the pics you posted on the previous page, and you already answered that back in November. Not quite sure why you are bringing this up again now..?

I have no doubt that styrofoam is an excellent material for building lightweight modules and layout sections. As I said, I have used it before, and I will most likely use it again, but for my current sections/modules I'm using plywood.

Messages In This Thread