Building a modular home layout
The terrain contour has been carved out, and gives an idea of how the finished module will be:

[Image: 3562_w1200.jpg]

Behind the track there will be a couple of cuts in the rocky terrain, with some fillings in front, and maybe a culvert or two. In the center there will be a simpel grade crossing with gates and no signals, and a narrow gravel road winding its way across the module, other than that there's nothing but trees and nature.

To the right, in front of the track, I've started placing what will eventually become rock outcroppings amidst the trees and bushes. Instead of ordinary plaster, I wanted to try a technique I read about on a Swedish forum, using air drying modeling clay. The rock structure is created by pressing real stones into the clay, but I'm not entirely convinced about how they look, maybe they should be more smooth and polished from the glaciers that covered this country some ten thousand years ago. Well, we'll see once they're painted and partially covered with moss, maybe I'll just rip them out and start over again.

Messages In This Thread