Building a modular home layout
Finished the cork roadbed, now it's time to lay some track! Smile

Here is the staging yard along one long wall, the sections are just wide enough to fit six tracks with a track distance of 52mm (just over 2"). In the far end there is a pinwheel ladder of curved turnouts. Five of the tracks are double ended staging tracks, while the sixth (closest to camera) will be a branch line. Each of the staging tracks can hold a train of 180-200cm (6' - 6'8") length, not too bad for a layout this size I think:
[Image: 4020_w1200.jpg]

Here is the other end of the staging yard, with the main line curving around the corner and passing below the window on the short wall. The branch line will make a 180 degree curve on the inside of the main and connect to my old sections, which will form a peninsula in the middle of the room, but the exact placement of the curve can't be defined without the old sections in place, so that will have to wait until later:
[Image: 4021_w1200.jpg]

Along the entire other long wall I have planned a station and a small town with some industries. The passing tracks are just under 200cm (6'8") long, but with only two through tracks, I'm thinking of having an extra crossover between them, in front of the depot (about center in the first pic below), to make switching the industrial track along the wall a little easier:
[Image: 4023_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 4024_w1200.jpg]

Messages In This Thread