!!No more Testors, PolyScale or Floquil paint!!
" Creating product for weathering and scenery has been more of the focus as train cars have moved to pre-decorated."

"If they actually believe that statement they made, that shows how completely out of touch with MRR they really are."

I would substitute " Model Building " for "MRR". Those of us who build for a specific Prototype Railroad, want to be able to reproduce the colors of the road we are building for. There are a whole lot of " buy it RTR, and run it" folk that make up the greater MRR/trains community.
I worked, for a time in a Hobby Shop. Far more RTR went out the door, than did Kits, and more of those, than "Undec" kits.

Like any other "business", Testor's is looking to "profit", not provide ------- they won't be the first to feel the loss, when what they do market, is no longer used by many of the model building communities.
Remember that there are Cars, Trucks, Aircraft, Tanks and Artillery, Ships, and a variety of other subjects, that are purchased in plastic kit form, that need specific paint colors, for true accuracy.
Model builders will "find ways" to have those colors, and it just might not be Testors , that will be their source of paint. I expect to see modelers exchanging "paint mix formulas" of various brands, to get the true colors they want.
Tomorrow's "paint job", won't be, the first time I've mixed paint to get the right color..............and most likely not the last time either.
It is also not the first time I have used "Rust-oleum" spray paints for models/scenery.
Lastly, I have no intent on "getting too excited" about the paint issue, until the "dust settles" and the truth be known, about what will be available, and from whom it will come.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread