Old radios
I knew a couple people from Michigan that worked for Heathkit shortly before they went out of business Nope But if they did what they did to me the needed to go out business wise, I ordered 1 power supply kit and they sent me 2 of them Icon_lol I think I called them up and they said don't worry about it. They had good kits and had a good reputation but something had changed there at the end maybe not as many hobbyists as there were. I have seen a lot of electronic magazines disappear as well. Nuts and Volts is still standing, Make magazine is cool and covers all kinds of technology but I miss Radio Electronics that was my favorite magazine.

On my list of things to do is rebuild a test bench with upgraded equipment even if I have to build some of it from scratch Icon_lol

Trains have always been my 1st hobby, then came computers and electronics and then art and somehow they all feed back into the trains. The only hobbies I had that were not relatable to trains are raising fish and collecting Baseball cards, completely done with fish but occasionally pick up some cards of the Columbus Clippers(home town team) once owned by the yankees now I think they are owned by White sox.

We had(my late brother) had an old RCA wood radio that had push buttons but that radio got wrecked by the family cat the cat scratched the wood all to heck. Believe it or not you can still get vacuum tubes(newly made) that will replace just about any tube you can think of.

Messages In This Thread