Freelance 2013-2 (MAW)
I intend to to migrate my existing layout from SoCal to the country side of Ohio to utilize my newly built Maumee & Western (plus WAER 344) engines. As usually I do not plan to change the track plan or do a complete rebuild. Smaller portions will be removed and replaced with new scenery. I will use the MAW as a point of inspiration but do not intend to build a model of it. I could collect a hole bunch of fine photos also showing the area on both sides of the tracks. The very limited availability of Google Streetview in that area is a real problem for me. I will have to do a lot of freelance and fit commercial kits as they fit into my understanding of that area.
I see grain elevators in all (small) towns from Woodburn to Liberty Center, John Manville Fiber in Defiance, Cold Storage in Napoleon and La Farge in Cecile. I will mix and match that until my available space is used up.
The very long background building in the center will be the starting point. It will be replaced with elevators, silos, storage bins etc. An order of the usual standard Cornerstone kits has been released an hour ago.
I expect to start with this first step end of the week. You will be kept inform about success and failure of that migration Wink

For now four homeless engines in the staging yard are all I have
[Image: file_zps1e4a5548.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread