STACKED SWITCHING ON LAJ LAYOUT
Seriously interesting idea! The first thing that came to mind, and forgive me if this sounds negative, but having a centrally placed winding mechanism might cause you some issues if there is any movement outside the tolerances for the guide system. It's essentially a seesaw and potentially could cause enough movement to bind up in the guide rails. Maybe it would be rigid enough if you can work within higher enough tolerance in construction and the materials wouldn't distort over time. I don't have enough experience of the foam board but I have read of shrinkage.

Do you even need the motor? If you counter-weight it you could use hands at both ends of the board to guide it. I accept you would then need a method to lock a level into position.

Really just me thinking out loud. I would be really interested in seeing your progress though.

*EDIT* all this has already been said by others. Servers me right for not reading all the posts. Sorry!
UK Engineering fan, from the tiny artistically engineered to the huge and powerful

Messages In This Thread