D&D Steel
Sumpter250 The broad gauge will be 7 feet 4 inch. It is modeled at Bethlehem Steel's 7 feet 10 inch broad gauge. I will be using mostly S scale track. Here are the 2 different kinds of broad gauge cars Bethlehem had.

Transfer Car from sinter Plant and ore yard to the Blast Furnaces
[Image: BethlehemSteelCorporation6ftTransferCarR...203cc5.jpg]

Hopper cars used from the Rotary Dump to the ore yard.
[Image: BethlehemSteelCorporationsteel01_zpsad87df47.jpg]

The Narrow gauge I will be modeling is 30 inches from rail to rail. Guess this is also called HOn30 and most track used will be N scale track. The narrow gauge was mostly used around the ingot plants.
[Image: BethlehamSteelNarrowGauge_zpsb5b574cd.jpg]

[Image: BSCOWhitcombs_zps997c0954.jpg]

Here is a neat picture. It show all 3 scale Bethlehem Steel had. The track to the very left is dual gauge track. Narrow and standard gauge can be seen. Center of the picture is the standard gauge and on the right the high line is also dual gauge. but it is broad and standard gauge tracks.
[Image: DCP_0578_zps105de722.jpg]

Stumpter250 I really like your switches you did. Will be sending you a message later to talk to you about them. Thanks for posting the pictures of them. They look like something you would find inside a steel mill. As for where the locos was built that is a good ideal. There was also a company called Atlas (not the model company) they built locomotives and specialized equipment for steel mills.

Gus, no the Hulett unloader isn't powered. This is something that I don't think I will do, but it would be interesting to have on the layout. Thanks for the link to video also. I remember see the video. There is another one from a different meet some where on the net. I will have to find it and post a link to it. Yes there is a dock there. It is 6 feet long. The ship that is there is a Sylvan ore freighter. This is a winter project.

Don

Messages In This Thread