Pilot or trailing truck isolation
Andrew, what I have done with the tender is molded the tender base out of resin. I am not using the original tender base any longer. The shorting issues I am having are occurring in curves. What I will do some time this weekend is take the locomotives to my club layout and run them without the pilot and trailing trucks to comfirm where the shorting is coming from.

My idea so far(haven't put together yet) on the Bowsers that have brass frames, is to change the mounting screw and bushing to plastic and some electrical tape where the spring touches the front pilot, also in the area where the front pilot screws into the frame. With the rear truck something similar with a plastic screw and tape or ultra thin styrene on the frame for isolation.

I haven't really worked out what to do with the front pilot on the locomotive with a zimac frame, because the mounting of the pilot is little different with the zimac frame, where the bushing is cast with the frame. I will probably file the bushing off and use the same method as mentioned above.

Hope that was clear,

Mark

Messages In This Thread