Five years of the Blues…
Congratulations to all, our fifth anniversary is upon us. Like Mikey, I remember that day well. I also remember when Mikey and I finally said enough is enough and decided to pull away from over "there". We had no idea if others would follow, but we knew that we couldn't run a train forum for those that knew nothing about modeling or modelers and couldn't care less about trains. Their only motive was profit and they kept a close tab on what we could and could not do. It was refreshing to say the least when all our old mods agreed to come, then as I said before, the floodgates opened as soon as we announce that our namesake, Big Blue, was open.

Mikey reflects on the past and the many old members that we've had the pleasure of meeting but left us way too soon. And then he mentioned those that joined Big Blue early and have never left. We are all grateful for you all for what you've taught us and the great things that we've done together, but I need to mention those that have joined us along these past five years as well. You have brought the same enthusiasm and energy the the rest of us have, ones that keeps these forums what they are. Some of you have come from other forums, others include us in their daily rounds while still others are new to the hobby and give us to opportunity to give back to our community. We enjoy your being here as much as anyone. We have an extremely civil group, it's hard to remember the last time we had to say something to someone about an unacceptable post content, or even had to ban anyone for cause. It just doesn't happen here and that's why we have members from all age groups that can get along. We are truly a family group, all are welcome.

Mikey, I and all the moderators salute you. This is your forum, we are just here to see that it runs smoothly. We are proud of you all, you're doing a great job of making our job easy. Big Grin

Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship
Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread