Thinking of getting power tools
teejay Wrote:I just use the mitre saw for bench work and heavier use ....obviously it isn't made for modeling . I just can't see me cutting anything straight with the Dremel ...that's where the little table saw was ideal for working on the ball park cutting hardboard and thin plywood modeling materials .

I just read a number of reports by scroll saw users and there seems to be a lot of complaints about blades breaking easily ....something about " pinned and unpinned blades " ....is there a particular brand you would recommend Charlie ? I realize you get what you pay for .

T
Teejay. I break blades, but it isn't the blades fault. If you try to force them, they break. I have the saw that will use either type blade. The adapters for the unpinned blades are a little hard to install but they are OK. Making outside cuts doesn't matter, but at times you need an inside cut ant that is where the pinned blades are faster, you can just loosen it slide it through the hole and then reinstall the blade. As for brand, I just grab what I can find. I have actually been able to wear some blades to the point I added a piece of 1/4 in plywood to the saw table to get to the unused portion of the blade. Now that is Cheap. I have seen the blades for 5 for a dollar, so that isn' t a big expense. I find all the blades about the same as far as breakage. I have had my saw for almost 30 years and probably have used 30 blades, but keep in mind it is one of those things that gets used a lot a little bit of the time. My wife uses it a lot too.

Charlie

Messages In This Thread