Weekly Photo Fun 1/3 - 1/9/14
Sumpter250 Wrote:Bernhard, while I was looking for an old kit, for an earlier post here today, I found a Main Line Models wood kit for a 36' "Private Owner Reefer"- - - - - DECKER MEAT !!!
The Iowa state "map" is Red on this car, instead of the black on yours.......and, are you ready for this?....it's lettered,
DMRL 2532 ! :o Big Grin
I thought those cars looked familiar. Wink Smile

Sumpter, thanks.
Yes, you are right! I have found also cars models with the red (Roundhouse) and black Iowa map (Athearn also, Atlas) and both are numbered with 2532 also. And I have seen also the Main Line models Decker reefer with the red label.
The big question - what is correct?
The models are in detailing process and my friend and I had an opinion that only corrections to the damaged paint is to do. We definitely wanted no repainting. If we could find a clear statement that the Iowa state sign was in original a red label than we should think about changing it. But without an absolutely clear proof? But maybe we get an answer even here in the forum? Thanks in advance!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread