Tarantula Madness
Well, I'm having better luck now!

Don't let anyone tell you spiders don't have a personality, this one was playing with a ping-pong ball. I had placed it on the other side of the tank, and I found her on top of it on the other side trying to roll it a little more.

People ask me why I would want these things as pets, and this is why. They are not merely nightmare fuel, they actually do interesting things when given the opportunity.

[Image: P5082801.jpg]

[Image: P5082802.jpg]

[Image: P5082804.jpg]

Also in the realm of good news, the scorpion was by his hide's entrance for food tonight. That scorpion has been rather scarce since I got him, and tonight was the first time I saw him out of his burrow but NOT pacing the cage. This is actually a fairly typical scorpion behavior that mine had not been displaying until recently. Furthermore, people were in and out of my room all day today, so even with all the commotion he came out.

Since there were no crickets in there, I went to go feed him some, but WHOOSH" he dissappeared the moment I moved the lid. I dumped the crickets in anyway, and sure enough both crickets ran right into the cave. I checked with a flashlight, and confirmed that the scorpion got them. This is the first time I know for SURE that it is eating, as the last couple monts most of the circkets died of old age without ever being harassed by the scorpion.

I'm glad that it is doing well, it too is a fascinating creature.

Waiting for a meal-

[Image: P5110005.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread