Multi posting
Nevertheless, it's worth pointing out that each forum has a different focus. In fact, there are several forums that have a Southern California focus. I would guess that if you posted that notice on, say, West Coast Rail Forums, Trainorders (if the membership fee is worth it), and SoCalRailFan, you'd reach your market. As I said earlier, wasting effort isn't admirable -- why post on largely East Coast/Canada oriented forums like Railwire?

If you wanted to go farther and ask why someone is posting on maybe a dozen forums -- in addition to a Yahoo group dedicated to Southern California model railroads -- you'd have to ask whether inflated self-importance is a possible explanation.

It isn't against the law to be annoying, and there are many, many worse things than just being annoying. Some people find things annoying that others don't, although if some in a neighborhood don't mind loud music while others do, it's best to refrain. But finding ways not to be annoying is also admirable.

This isn't a key subject, although the OP did in fact wonder if it was the best thing to do, after all, and I think an answer that some people find it annoying is factual and might be taken to heart.

Messages In This Thread