Shinohara vs. Peco, I need YOUR opinion!!
Hi Everyone Welcome ,
well I've come to a bit of a crossroads while building up my new layout. With the benchwork well underway, and the Helix painted up, I've come to an abrupt halt getting ready to lay track. I'm uncertain as to what track to use. I've been a user of Shinohara for quite a few years, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe Peco is better. I'm looking to start an all out head to head pro's and con's to the use of each product.

For instance, PRO - Shinohara is cheaper than Peco, CON - The availability of Shinohara can be a nightmare at times.

Here is where I need your guys' input. Do you think Shinohara or Peco is better - AND WHY? Your reasoning for which product to use is the biggest key to my decision that I will be making. So please have a good reason as to why you do or don't like a product.

Here is what I need...
I'm specifically looking at using HO Scale, code 83. I will be needing ALOT of #4, 5, and 6 turnouts. I would also prefer to be able to have a switch that can accomadate working ground throws, and it must be DCC friendly.

I've got alot of track right now, but I need ALOT more. I've read over a few posts and topics about Peco and Shinohara, so I know alot of you modeler's out their have used Peco and Shinohara in the past, and may be even using it now. So please, jump on the band wagon and let me know your thoughts. Thanks 790_smiley_picking_a_fight

Messages In This Thread